Job ready is the process of laying a sound foundation so that you can prepare to apply for a role confidently by helping you to identify the issues that are hindering your progress. The process of getting job ready applies whether you are:
- Facing redundancy
- Preparing for a sideways move or promotion
- Underearning (earning less than your capabilities)
Here are ten points from the Get Job Ready Workbook:
- You can do it! Do what? Get a better position than you thought possible.
- You can unearth skills you didn’t realise you had stretching yourself beyond your current capabilities to fulfil your full potential.
- What you think about yourself will set you up for sucess or failure.
- What you say about yourself matters – your words can be used for you or against you.
- Compile a list of positive affirmations or scripture about yourself and your skills. Say them out loud with faith at least once a day.
- Failure to prepare to apply for a role is costly. Costs include, career progression, increased earnings and pensions contributions.
- Research diligently.
- Set specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timebound (SMART) goals for your job ready plan.
- Translate your goals into a vision board.
- Consistenly work your plan and keep your vision where you can see it every day.
Here are the five modules that will help get you there:
- Perspective is powerful.
- The wall.
- Thought exchange.
- Don’t wing it, prepare for it.
- Getting startted on your job ready vision.
Come on you can do it! Do what? Apply for a better job than you thought possible and, get it.
© Dawn H Jones is an HR Consultant, Coach, and Blogger.
The Get Job Ready e-course includes the workbook, additional videos and a 30 minute one to one coaching session with Dawn H Jones.